Wednesday, December 4, 2013

HO.. HO.. HO..

"Up On The (Roof) Top"




Up on a ladder Helen goes
wobbly legs and twitching toes
don't like the sight of my ceiling high
'fraid that I might fall and die

ho ho ho don't wanna go
ho ho ho don't wanna go
up on a ladder quick quick quick
changing the light bulbs should be slick

found me a grabber don't cha know
will get the job done ho ho ho
wait just a sec there's something wrong
prongs on the grabber way too long

ho ho ho don't wanna go
ho ho ho don't wanna go
up on a ladder quick quick quick
changing the light bulbs should be slick

up in the air 'bout twenty feet
feelin' faint and flushed with heat
not gonna work for me today
find me a handyman I will pay

ho ho ho don't wanna go
ho ho ho don't wanna go
up on a ladder quick quick quick
changing the light bulbs quite a trick





17 comments:

  1. So funny. I can just see you now, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I empathize with you, Helen. I have some ceiling lightbulbs I hope never wear out for that same reason. Even with such a 'grabber' I think they would be tricky!! I enjoyed your poem...and it did make me want to sing along. The services of a handyman would definitely be a good gift to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the light & sing-song verses ~ I think I will grab the handy man than do it myself ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem reminds me why I am thankful light bulbs last longer! You made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, better you than me, i keep my feet on solid ground. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful bit of holiday whimsey, Helen; still smiling; but I hear your message too--at 69, & with balance issues now, ladders are no longer my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha. heights dont bother me as much, so long as it is me...put my son on the ladder and i would be a freaking mess...ha....cute poem helen...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much better to hire the handyman! We used to try to fix things, then we learned just to call someone else! Or, call one your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lovely song for a heart to sing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the light moments and the flash of humor...... :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee Hee Hee
    Don't use overhead lighting is the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh ho ho hahahahah hilarious Helen! Too damn funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... even more hysterical when I "sing" it ....

      Delete
  13. Love this Helen! I have been working on one to the Night Before Christmas! Yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It can be a bother for a simple act. But still many would rather not! Nicely Helen!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Good one Helen, I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, ha, ha! One of my nimble climbers thought one of those grabbers would be a good idea. We'll see if he can find it next time we need a bulb changed...

    ReplyDelete