Wednesday, October 8, 2014

SHE'S COMING! SHE'S HERE!

Yoda the cat & Sammy the dog



I'm Sammy, the Maltese
With Yoda, my friend
We live here together
In beautiful Bend!

We hear she's coming

Old Woondogger dear
To watch us and feed us
To live with us here!

Woonie tries hard

We'll give her that much
Cuddles and petting
She has a nice touch!

Mommy, oh mommy
Come back to us soon
We miss so much ~ to the stars
To the moon!

Of course we love Woonie

She's one in a million
But we love you more ~
A billion, trillion, zillion!






"No animal is half as vile
As Crocky–Wock, the crocodile.
On Saturdays he likes to crunch
Six juicy children for his lunch
And he especially enjoys
Just three of each, three girls, three boys.
He smears the boys (to make them hot)
With mustard from the mustard pot.
But mustard doesn't go with girls,
It tastes all wrong with plaits and curls.
With them, what goes extremely well
Is butterscotch and caramel.
It's such a super marvelous treat
When boys are hot and girls are sweet.
At least that's Crocky's point of view
He ought to know. He's had a few.
That's all for now. It's time for bed.
Lie down and rest your sleepy head.
Ssh. Listen. What is that I hear,
Galumphing softly up the stair?
Go lock the door and fetch my gun!
Go on child, hurry! Quickly run!
No stop! Stand back! He's coming in!
Oh, look, that greasy greenish skin!
The shining teeth, the greedy smile!
It's Crocky–Wock, the Crocodile!"






14 comments:

  1. ha. i am sure you are taking good care of them...but who can replace mommie...
    is this a plea of yours for them to come back? ha...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... just completed five days of Yoda - Sammy duty!

      Delete
  2. Ah, this is a treat, Helen. They are lucky to have the caring Woonie, but it's hard to replace Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this, Helen...........I love dogsitting my granddogs, they treat me like a rock star!!!!! hee hee......so nice of you to pet-sit for five days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.. of course dogs know that mommy is missing.. sweet poem (I think I would be a bad dog-sitter though)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had always wondered about Woonies and today I had a bit of time to search. Google said only this, "Found in the Comanche (is) meaning to look." So I still don't know.

    Well there were several saying it is a ficticous being word as there is no such thing. Like we studied in Economics about the wickets, a ficticional product with certain characteristics, one that the typical company in any given field makes. The Woonies in Wikipedia are nearly all photos of ladies (nearly all, perhaps a dog or two).

    The Road Dahl fun poem about Crocky--Wook is an example for fathers of how to not act. Yours is one of a nice lady doing her bit for animals of the world. You did good with both the poem and the thought expressed by those varmints.

    My sister and I both talk to animals, most of them. Neither of us knew the other was doing that until we compared notes several years back.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was confused at first--I didn't realize they are your daughter's dog and cat, I guess? Anyway, once i realized you were petsitting, I enjoyed this tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed!! The rhythm and tone in this is so spot-on, Helen! How sweet of you to take care of those sweet faces. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Helen. You get inside the little furry brains of those guys and tell it like it is--except, I think they probably are perfectly happy to wait for Mommy to return, while you are there to cuddle and hand out the treats with a lavish, non-ownerly hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one can have Mommy's touch. It's just a fact. But a lovable someone willing to spent time and keep the bowls full is always a welcome things...

    And that Crocky kind of freaked me out...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you spoil them more than "mommy" and they adore your being there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so cute, and your poem even cuter--I hope you too had a nice week. k.

    ReplyDelete