As long as I'm around, I will never forget this 'I Love Lucy' episode. I laughed until I cried then laughed all over again .. several times.

Stompin' The Grapes
They've asked us to join them
what shall we do
the redhead's a loony
dark haired one too
Could be our last chance
we're long in the tooth
I'm game if you are
let's go sweet Ruth
Hike up your skirt, dear
I'll hitch up my pants
stompin' the grapes
a most sensuous dance
'cause we’re never too old
for laughin' and playin'
Miss Lucy and Ethel
they know what I'm sayin'
Inhibition is gone
I love you dear Ruth
we'll stomp till we drop
I speak the God's truth
Throw back your head
let laughter pour out
we're kids again Ruthie
no time for doubt
Jump in that grape vat
squash them aside
it’s ours for the taking
what a wild ride
Cheers to you Ruthie
I've loved you so long
stompin' and rompin'
they're playing our song

Oh yes!
ReplyDeleteI remember stomping grapes!
I should have written about it in my memoir. At the time, it seemed too much of a cliche, and already overdone.
But it stands for sweet times and fun memories.
"I'm in!".....Absolutely wonderful Helen!!!! :-)
ReplyDeletehaha love it...what fun to be had in the stomping...what a fun episode to think back on too...
ReplyDeleteYou grabbed onto this with gusto! What a pleasure!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOops! Was that a vanishing trick? I go - I come back... And there's nothing more fun than bare feet stomping grapes, and I loved your ditty-in-praise of the same :-)
DeleteAh yes, brings back memories! Some humor never gets old!
ReplyDeleteSmiled the whole way through this. Of course, I grew up watching reruns and now my kids adore her. They just laugh and laugh with Lucy. She will never grow old...
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun occupation!
ReplyDeleteHere's to the sisterhood of those who are never too old to stomp!! This was a delight from beginning to end, Helen!
ReplyDeleteThose two were a pair made in laughter heaven
ReplyDeleteHappy you dropped by my blog today
Much💝love
Their humor never gets old! Or, does it? I'll have to check with my children, perhaps it didn't hold up. But, I still like it. I've only seen grape stomping offered at fairs and festivals for fun.
ReplyDeleteWhat is better than to have a job that makes you laugh!?
ReplyDeleteWhat an exuberant, lilting piece. You totally nailed the rhyme in this - and it really adds to the buoyant young-at-heart vibe. A wonderful backwards glance at a happier time ... imbued with the hope of fun days, yet to come. I still remember that Lucy episode It was a classic!
ReplyDeleteLovely! The ballad form perfectly suits the light-heartedness, turning it into a song to stomp to.
ReplyDeleteA fun diversion that brings a smile to my face!
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of good memories of that episode of I Love Lucy. It was always one of my favorite classic comedies.
ReplyDeleteThis is fun!
ReplyDeleteFun poetry! I remember this episode and was shocked that stomping on grapes was a real thing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely, cheerful poem - and photographs, too.
ReplyDeleteI note your poem's uninhibited jolly. It's enough to make a pessimist like me weep. (Pessimist - a person who is in full possession of the facts.)
ReplyDeleteRemember this episode vaguely...haven't seen it in so long... time for a rerun!!
ReplyDeleteDidn't we all love Lucy!
ReplyDeleteThis is so .....exquisite. Loved the one whoever it was who loved Ruth 😍
ReplyDeleteYes, this sounds like fun, and the rhymes are awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteObviously, laughter is the order of their day - and ours :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat tribute to one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen!
ReplyDelete