Saturday, December 28, 2019

From my perspective

Wassily Kandinsky ~~ Wikimedia Commons


gallery tour

boomerangs floating
way out in space
i see them quite clearly
don't  you
kaleidoscope colors
 that curve when they fly
abstract perfection 
from my point of view
geometric improv
shot straight from the hip
hitting me squarely
[ inner psyche trip ]
a day at the gallery
time to float free
the artist, his paintings
and neophyte me 



13 comments:

  1. Your opinion is hardly neophyte and is a good as anybody else's

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Neophyte I believe your perspective is wonderful! Everyone had their own way of reading and interpreting when it comes to art and poetry ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the slick rhythm and rhyme of these lines, Helen:
    ‘geometric improv
    shot straight from the hip
    hitting me squarely
    an inner psyche trip’.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen! Oh, you so impress me with your words and how you can paint a picture with them in just a few lines. Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to go to MOMA! Love Kandinsky and this poem!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art is all about perception. Clever use of rhyme throughout your poem. It was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect example of how perspective influences what we take away from art. I’m with Toni- not neophyte at all. Remember, the art-world thrives on interpretations. Good one, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Helen,
    Yes, I too see those boomerangs way out in space!
    Too much shooting from the hip as well; may we soon float freely and enjoy the many colors of the kaleidoscope.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to spend a day with you at an art gallery! what a hoot it would be. So sorry to be responding do late to your unique perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rhymes work with the bold and playful piece. I like how you captured its spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so cool to embrace your own unique perspective — the world is better because of the many individual ways of looking at things. I feel like floating with those boomerangs and kaleidoscopic colours.

    P.s. I apologize for such a long delay in reading and responding to your take on the prompt. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.