Dearest Helen, That is the worst scenario of an aging process...! Depending on the quality of a foundation, also ours that our Parents, teachers etc., built up for us, things will last a lot longer. And always our soul survives! That, together with the memories that create a cushion for old age. Hugs, Mariette
When there's nothing left to salvage, and nothing left to hide, it's not time to die, but to go soul-deep, and see what treasures are still there to be discovered.
Can't trust a poor foundation, when it crumbles the house falls. Your picture is sad, it reminds me of the house I was born in after Mom and Dad retired to a home in town. I believe they also left the old kitchen table. Raccoons had taken over the place the last4 time I visited, they even nested in a box of old quilts that I had come to rescore. Someone had taken the cabinets, a tree had fallen on the sleeping porch that was "my room". I have it pictured on my other blog. ..
Nice!!! Happy Wednesday. Stay safe
ReplyDeleteMuch💝love
Dearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteThat is the worst scenario of an aging process...!
Depending on the quality of a foundation, also ours that our Parents, teachers etc., built up for us, things will last a lot longer.
And always our soul survives!
That, together with the memories that create a cushion for old age.
Hugs,
Mariette
When there's nothing left to salvage, and nothing left to hide, it's not time to die, but to go soul-deep, and see what treasures are still there to be discovered.
ReplyDeleteSo.... foundation matters, eh?
ReplyDeleteNice write, Helen.
Your few words eloquently portray an all-too-familiar occurrence. I am your biggest fan!
ReplyDeleteOur muses seem to have been surfing similar ink waves. This is so very true. Anything built on rot will eventually be swallowed by it.
ReplyDeleteAll things will break down, but a bad foundation ages things so much faster.
ReplyDeleteThe illustration said it all; just why bother anymore!
ReplyDeletePerhaps there is some freedom in that?
ReplyDeleteCan't trust a poor foundation, when it crumbles the house falls. Your picture is sad, it reminds me of the house I was born in after Mom and Dad retired to a home in town. I believe they also left the old kitchen table. Raccoons had taken over the place the last4 time I visited, they even nested in a box of old quilts that I had come to rescore. Someone had taken the cabinets, a tree had fallen on the sleeping porch that was "my room". I have it pictured on my other blog.
ReplyDelete..
I really love this, Helen. Not sure why it wasn't written In the first person? But lovely.
ReplyDeleteJane
Such a sad situation, and one that could happen to any of us.
ReplyDeleteA catastrophe we pray never happens to us. Beautifully written, Helen.
ReplyDelete