all about turns in a poem, cracking a window, shifting gears ......
in big cities on cold, dark mornings
candidates wait outside factory doors
glad handing, pumping hands
while they are still clean
are candidates hands ever clean? oh you mean the factory workers, good one!
They're sure to play dirty afterwards, at least that's what I imagine. I like the twist and the relevance to now is refreshing. Enjoyed!
ooohh this packs a powerful punch! Wonderful writing, Helen ππ
Succinctly brilliant!!
I wish there was something to interrupt the toxicity of politicians. Very well-worded, Helen.
Brilliant. Nice one HelenThanks for dropping by to read mineMuchπlove
Dearest Helen,As if it would be a sin for shaking hands with any factory worker or other with DIRTY hands! Always hold them in higher regard then those that steal our money with hollow phrases and promises...Hugs,Mariette
Wonderful witty piece - that punchy turn in the last line says it all. Jaded indeed.
Helen, this poem wins the prize for most clever. I relished it!Yours,David
Can't have those pols dirtying their hands with the truth! Well done!
No shaking hands now, Helen, bumping elbows and virtual high-fives with lashings of sanitiser!
Of course they do, the bloody hypocrites! And you can never see the bloodstains on their hands either...
And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done. Turn-riffic work, Helen.
I love it Helen! A great twist.
So clever! Excellent turn in this succinct poem!
Ha! Very clever ππΌ π
Oh the hypocrisy... though I remember that we used to wash very well when I worked in a shipyard once.
I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.
are candidates hands ever clean? oh you mean the factory workers, good one!
ReplyDeleteThey're sure to play dirty afterwards, at least that's what I imagine. I like the twist and the relevance to now is refreshing. Enjoyed!
ReplyDeleteooohh this packs a powerful punch! Wonderful writing, Helen ππ
ReplyDeleteSuccinctly brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteI wish there was something to interrupt the toxicity of politicians. Very well-worded, Helen.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. Nice one Helen
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by to read mine
Muchπlove
Dearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteAs if it would be a sin for shaking hands with any factory worker or other with DIRTY hands! Always hold them in higher regard then those that steal our money with hollow phrases and promises...
Hugs,
Mariette
Wonderful witty piece - that punchy turn in the last line says it all. Jaded indeed.
ReplyDeleteHelen, this poem wins the prize for most clever. I relished it!
ReplyDeleteYours,
David
Can't have those pols dirtying their hands with the truth! Well done!
ReplyDeleteNo shaking hands now, Helen, bumping elbows and virtual high-fives with lashings of sanitiser!
ReplyDeleteOf course they do, the bloody hypocrites! And you can never see the bloodstains on their hands either...
ReplyDeleteAnd THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done. Turn-riffic work, Helen.
ReplyDeleteI love it Helen! A great twist.
ReplyDeleteSo clever! Excellent turn in this succinct poem!
ReplyDeleteHa! Very clever ππΌ π
ReplyDeleteOh the hypocrisy... though I remember that we used to wash very well when I worked in a shipyard once.
ReplyDelete