Thursday, April 29, 2021

Looking In

 Day #29

The Philip Johnson Glass House ~~  https://theglasshouse.org/


squeaky clean

how they want you to see them 

look again 

hearts beating black with an

arrhythmia that

threatens to snuff life force

an invisible darkness 

permeating every square inch

many enter 

no one exits 

all is not 

as it seems 






 

19 comments:

  1. Yes! This is so brilliantly dark and deceptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is most intriguing and thought-provoking. I love the phrase 'heart beats black!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Helen and all rather powerful and spooky - achieved so sparingly too. I agree with Ingrid, an intriguing read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost like "Hotel California"... to me this could be like the prison of a drug addict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The velvet hand holds a knife. Like this Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "many enter no one exits..."

    DArk windows indeed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even here, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If those walls could talk... this poem conjures up all sorts of stories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Helen,
    Again, so much told with limited words!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. How deceiving this looks but darkness lurks underneath. Good one Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. many enter no one exits
    all is not as it seems

    It is a realisation that appears small but still may deliver some hurts at the end. Things may not have indications of what's coming until it is too late.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the way you used the heart to convey the darkness within. Some hearts are not true at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The under currents here are forceful... indeed, nothing is as it seems. A good one Helen. Has my imagination going wild.


    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good poem Helen. Yes, not everything is as it seems! Irregular beats make some the best music! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It makes good bait, doesn't it. The Anti-Gingerbread House. No one would ever suspect a thing... I love the sinister aspect you've conjured around the place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! “Invisible darkness” love that thought and image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sinister for something so pretty. I'm wondering just what "an irregular arrhythmia" would end up looking like... perhaps regularly deceptive?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your poem creates a dark and suffocating atmosphere - an oxymoron of a place If that makes sense) that is spacious yet is somewhere it is difficult to breath. (Intrigued by your poem, I wanted to know more about the house in your photo - Philip Johnson is described as a 'design agitator' which I thought was an interesting term.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like everyone, I found this most intriguing and captivating. A quick Google search doesn't clue me in on the black heart within. Tell me more!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.