Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Rewind

'It is very hard to write this way: beginning things with backward'

[ The Torrents of Spring 1926 ]


last week of June

summer is here

picnics and floats

bratwursts and beer

 school kids break

noise level high

outdoors / softball

time sure does fly

missing my / time-past  

campfires / tales-tall    

hide-seek / rope-jump

nightfall / last- call

 everything’s backward

rewind my tape

back to the old days

ahhh / sweet escape



13 comments:

  1. To have all of this, but with the experience of a lifetime -- that would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ahhh / sweet escape" yeah! sweet escape. i just did 2 weeks up in the colorado high country, doing just about everything on your list, and already wanting to rewind and do again. very well said helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, love this. It's nice to hold those good ol' days close. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you played the tape backwards to those happy childhood days here Helen. My kids last day of school tomorrow: oh my goodness, how am I going to keep them entertained?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those days were the best... but we tend to forget that we like the comfort or our living to really act out on those dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to rewind and relive that tape now and then. Enjoyed the highlight reel here! 💝

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what Ken said, to be able to do all of those things as a child but have the knowledge of an adult. I'd love to rewind to being a skinny little kid running in the wind with boundless energy.

    Helen, hoping you have a grand time with your family who will be visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Helen,
    What a lovely list for escaping 'back' to!
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet escape. I love the remembrance of those fun happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An escape, but also a balm...I'm smiling at my own memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet escape indeed! This is absolutely lovely, Helen 💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time gone by, but seems to come round again. This all sounds familiar to me too, new old memories made every summer.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.