Thursday, August 12, 2021

A Mirrored Refrain

Grace is hosting Meeting the Bar in the dVerse Poets pub ~ today the focus is on Mirrored Poetry



unstoppable twosome

steady on the trail

we were a force

a fairy tale

one two three, one two three

i wore a veil

we were a force

a fairy tale

missteps and stumbles

veering off-course

We were a fairy tale

we were a force 

reflecting years later

how did we fail

we were a force

a fairy tale







22 comments:

  1. A sad ending but I love your refraining lines Helen - short & precise. This part said it all:

    how did we fail
    we were a force
    a fairy tale

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully poignant, Helen! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and then so sad at the end. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I wasn't expecting the sad end either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ending… It’s very sad and solemn. You never know what can happen with love in time. It either thrives or fails but in the moment, we can’t foresee it. Very beautiful and poignant. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unrequited love.....a relationship that dimmed....this is beautifully writ with so few words. I can feel the emotion in in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stirring! Sometimes fairy tales burn themselves out with that passion. The form works so well here! 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  8. The short lines worked well with the form and the narrative was clear. Nicely done, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the close Helen. You beautifully and smoothly brought the poem to logical conclusion!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  10. "We were a force a fairy tale" sometimes fairy tales don't end so well but, they are magical for a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost didn't want to read through it, because I could see where it was going. A lovely write, not least for its conciseness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. got me smiling from the first word and then the last stanza turn. wow. that was unexpected. so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The repetition of "a fairy tale" works very well, especially in the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much said, in short sentences. Sadly fairy tales come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant, so concise and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your beautifully sad tale!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'How did we fail?' - wasn't expecting that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is BRILLIANT! Standing ovation from Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clapping! The refrain is so lovely, and the photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The rhythm does wonders to illustrate the topic. Relationships feel like a dance, don't they? And sometimes, even the best dancers can step on each other's toes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.