Thursday, March 9, 2023

Chained Senryu - A Trilogy


HIGH ... LIGHT ... HIGHLIGHT



1.

we were high as kites 

hey i don't mean booze or drugs

{ first live audience }

2.

warmth of the spot light

crept into necks and shoulders 

soothed our shaky nerves

3.

the euphoria 

 of a rowdy standing 'O' 

highlight of our lives



** We were vocalists, a quartet ... the ovation real, the nerves real, our first live audience real. 

11 comments:

  1. Helen, I am sure that is a different type of high. It's wonderful that you experienced this in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A time to remember and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the gig came alive along every chain of the senryu - well done Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Helen,
    Congrats on having LIVED it.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought of "Rocky Mountain High" as being the normal for High. About the same result as booze or drugs except not harmful and it is romantic of sorts.
    A fun read, Helen. Thanks for putting up with me and for reading my stuff.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo!!! Nice one.
    Happy you dropped by my blog.

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  7. A high and high point, and a wonderful memory, I'm sure. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. Love how you played with the words. And the images and feelings said words evoke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I remember those occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The energy exchange between players and audience is magic. Thank goodness for musicians bringing joy to our lives.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.