De Jackson is calling the shots today ~ asking us to fold a wee poem around the word "fold."
above the fold
yes, it's eye catching
it's attention grabbing
yes, it packs a mighty punch
but it's Sunday morning and
below the fold is where I head
page after page after page
reviews, economics, culture, sports, science
the news I love to read!

When we have the time, every word matters even beyond the headlines.
ReplyDeleteThat’s my Saturday morning, Helen, reading The Times, especially The Review.
ReplyDeleteAnd some you didn't want to know, some bring "i was there" memiries, others still bring you joy again, ending it with my five favorite comic strips. Actually, "i was there" when they walked the Moon as I worked then in the Control Center at NASA Houston Space Center.
ReplyDelete..
I used to read a print newspaper every morning--every page (except the sports), but unfortunately, delivery became horribly unreliable. Now I read sections of several newspapers online, but it's definitely not the same.
ReplyDeleteOne reason I like the actual paper...you never know what you're going to find "under the fold"--that's not true when you read it online.
ReplyDeleteI like how you unfolded this Helen
ReplyDeleteYES! Headlines are just the clickbait, right?
ReplyDeletede
Sunday mornings and a newspaper--a classic duo! Very nicely done, Helen!
ReplyDeleteThe news needs to be approached cautiously these days! So glad you are feeling better, Helen.
ReplyDeleteI used to love the Sunday paper. The headlines were gripping but "below the fold" was the guts of the paper. One of the reasons why reading a paper online just doesn't cut it. It needs to be spread out across the kitchen table. Then there's the crossword to labor over on a lazy Sunday afternoon. You've taken me back!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful Helen ~ it brings back memories for me...
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
Well done, Helen! The only thing I look at is the crossword.
ReplyDelete