Rommy has us thinking about batteries running low ~ my poem is / a tale of woe!
Ode to my Cell
behold this phone / a trusty mate
charge is dropping / my sad fate
at 5% it blinks and pouts
a drama queen / creating doubts
but oh dear battery / don't you know
you mirror me / from head to toe
I too by noon could use a nap
recharge my joints / perhaps a snack
for life's a race / don't rush / don't fret
got many sparks to offer yet
I've walked the miles / laughed the years
seen the world / through smiles and tears
sure enough / knees feel 'low power'
my back can crack / at any hour
but life's still bright / on flashing screen
even when I'm low-caffeine
so plug me in / don't let me fade
I still know how pure joy is made
a glass of wine / a laugh or two
I'm good as new / now how 'bout you

Love your lighthearted optimistic poem Love 'plug me in' I'll drink on you tonight helen :)
ReplyDeleteI just love this!
ReplyDeleteCoffee. Wine. Both good. Neither bring pure joy but are good things to do while waiting.
ReplyDeleteAll good ways to re-charge - I love the photo and your humorous words
ReplyDeleteCute ditty. Love the photo!! "You mirror me from head to toe". Good Morning to you! Now I'm charging up with some coffee.
ReplyDeleteOh, and Helen....thanks so much for letting my newsletter into your inbox!!!
ReplyDeleteLooking good Helen ! Coffee and wine as a charge for your low battery ? nah...a foot massage from that cute boy who delivers the groceries will work wonders! LOL Your place looks great...so organised and sparkly maintained...If you ever visit me I will need at least 12 months notice to get mine in that condition:)
ReplyDeleteWonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I love the words and you look good, too.
ReplyDeleteLOL, this was such a fun piece. I'm glad my recharging breaks work, even if I need them more frequently.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I wish I could plug my brain in!
ReplyDeleteFunny! I love this take on the prompt.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! so plug me in, don't let me fade...wow...I can see how a glass of wine with a few laughs can do just that!!!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant! It's amazing (and alarming) how plugged-in into the web we are now. :)
ReplyDeleteThis was bloody great, I really liked it
ReplyDeleteI'm raising my glass of wine to you, Helen.
ReplyDelete