Thursday, January 16, 2025

Cloud Escape

It's Open Link Night in the dVerse Poets Pub ~ Sanaa invites us to join the crowd ~ share a poem! 

Charlie Dehner ~ Photo



oblivious of the peril

clouds float

toward mountain peaks

impale themselves

on serrated edges

bleed white ~

oblivious of the struggle

winds rise

gather shreds

of the remains

scatter them across

the mountain valleys ~

oblivious of the loss

the sun descends

its amber light

healing the wounds

stitching the horizon

with threads of gold 












15 comments:

  1. You had me looking upwards, Helen, but we have a completely grey sky today – no clouds, and definitely no mountain peaks in flat Norfolk, but your poem transported me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely skyscape poem Helen - especially how the serrated peaks tear the clouds

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond beautiful, Helen! I love; "clouds float toward mountain peaks impale themselves on serrated edges bleed white." 💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes - the Sun does seem oblivious to our loss of it - I too am always looking to the skies for ephemeral drama Helen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun can certainly heal many wounds with it's amber light! Love your last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Helen. Beautiful lines

    he sun descends

    its amber light

    healing the wounds

    stitching the horizon

    with threads of gold
    🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful poem, Helen. I love this personification of the clouds and sun--the beauty of that gold. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Ruch and Wonderful Helen — love you friend… 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful when the weather allows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully, positive, dreamy and a reminder of innocent times, big things, and what can be real...lovely stuff Helen..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this poem Helen, the imagery is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, Helen! I can catch glimpses of your sky over here today. Such lovely imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, Helen, filled with light and optimism!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.