Saturday, May 17, 2025

Let the Countdown Begin

 

Rommy has us thinking about comfort food today ~~~ 


my tooth

a tyrant tucked away in 

the back of my mouth

has declared mutiny

it throbs like a drum

sings its own aria !!

bread is too bold

carrots out of the question

even soup warrants vetting !!

i live now in the 

land of the mashed & puréed

kingdom of all that is soft

where applesauce and mashed potatoes reign

and pudding is my only pleasure !!

three days until my dentist

my knight with a shiney drill

rescues me from

this gosh-darn molar menace 👿





6 comments:

  1. Oh poor you! Thank goodness for the mashed and puréed! Luckily, mashed potatoes and applesauce are both lovely at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go there, teeth not there. I make my Mrs and me an egg, ham, and cheese sandwiches on mayo'd slightly toasted brown bread. I cook the egg to fry in the micro, I don't use fry pans, no washing. With deli ham I mush eat these delightful sandwiches.
    Jim, back from who knows where.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your knight is skillful and the dreadful molar gets thoroughly vanquished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the dreaded toothache sound okay!! Mash potatoes? Are you kidding...a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share you pain on this one. I have a tooth that broke, and is now sensitive to anything that touches it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.