Friday, November 14, 2025

Generations

  Time for Meeting the Bar in the dVerse Poets Pub ~ Laura's challenge is the Chaucerian Roundel ~



Three generations sketched, frozen in time
each of us different, like yang and like yin
each shaped by childhood, defined from within

Decades together, memories sublime
cooking and laughter, the yarns we would spin
Three generations sketched, frozen in time
each of us different, like yang and like yin


Three sisters left, the female paradigm
would we pass muster? I ask with a grin
how to say thank you, where would I begin
three generations sketched, frozen in time
each of us different, like yang and like yin
each shaped by childhood, defined from within  






 

12 comments:

  1. I love that you have so many fond memories - they sound so warm - jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely paean to your sisters, Helen 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo
    You did it so well
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your celebration of siblings and family. Here's to decades more of love and laughter and sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved those sketches and how it came around... differnt together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful celebration of family, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sketch! Nicely done on the poem, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo Helen - you found the right rhymes to makes this such a heart-warming Roundel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sister poem, with wonderful sketches.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.