Monday, May 18, 2026

Hot Time in 'Chi-Town'

 

De reminds us it's time for Quadrilles in the dVerse Poets Pub ~  Inspiration?  “This One’s Gone to the Dogs”.




I'm snowbound in Terminal Three
with canceled flights trapping poor me

this blizzard roars loud thru the night
while the crowd grows surly, (might fight ?) 
... and a Hot Dog keeps calling to me

they're always quite messy to eat 
this gastronomic treat can't be beat 
when O'Hare shuts the whole world away
those hot dogs will rescue the day


** first comes the "dog" in a steamed poppy seed bun, toppings are layered in a "specific" order: yellow mustard, neon green relish, chopped white onion, tomato wedges, a dill pickle spear, pickled peppers and finally a sprinkle of celery salt.





16 comments:

  1. A great one, Helen. I was looking for the dog and then saw it was burried under all the condiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece Helen and that looks real tasty too!😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a hotdog under there somewhere? ;)
    Not a fan of hotdogs, but this pic (and poem) do make them sound much more appetizing!

    De

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strangely enough that is an experience I actually had... so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! It's almost midnight and you have me drooling here, Helen! Hmmm ..so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fine compensation, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Or when you get stuck at O'Hare, have a gloriously colorful and piquant dog. LOVE LOVE LOVE this food-based poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice poem, Helen.

    Arcadia Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it called without the dog? Just a sandwich, right? I'll take the sandwich 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious way to wait on the weather to clear. I like this. Gorgeous write Helen. Xo, Selma Martin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn, now I need a dog! I like how you counter being part of the pissed crowd.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.