Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Explaining




Explanation/Justification/Rationalization

Now I lay me down to sleep
Bedtime rituals I will keep
Experts tell me no caffeine
After dinner, that feels mean

Jogging, cycling more of that
Calories, carbs, and watch the fat
Late night screen time spoils your sleep
Let me say, don’t give a bleep

I sleep better, I sleep deep
Improvement over counting sheep
 Bedtime TV it's for me
Timer’s set, now let me be

Brothers escort me to sleep
Familiar voices, male and deep
Same old format yes it’s true
HGTV ~ Jonathan / Drew

By the time my screen goes dark
Must confess I've "hit the mark" 
Readers now don't have to guess
Cause fast asleep I am - OH YES



   

13 comments:

  1. Dearest Helen,
    Leave it to the personal FREEDOM as to what soothes you best.
    A good book, some screen time, a movie.
    Doesn't matter!
    Finding the proper balance between body and soul and feeding both equally is what matters!
    Don't drink all the poison that so freely is being offered to us...
    Listen to your body and rest peacefully!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bouncy tale for us to laugh at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebellious and delightful… Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely delightful, Helen!💘 I especially like; "Jogging, cycling none of that/Calories, carbos, watch the fatLate night screen time spoils our sleep/Let me say, don’t give a bleep." You made me smile with that! Thank you so much for writing to the prompt!💘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, me too – screens send me nodding off and books keep me awake, despite all advice to the contrary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giggles..I say one man's means of counting sheep may not be another's woman's wool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I've had to tinker around with my bed time routine since Covid hit. But I still enjoy a nice herbal tea in the evening and leave the full test for the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this delightful romp! And good heavens our routine is similar. I like "Flip my Flea" and "Sell This House" and fall asleep refurbishing and redesigning! That timer is SO convenient!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.