~ I composed this little ditty in 2021, updated in August 26, 2023
Updated to November 16, 2024 ~ 30,375 DAYS!
Helen Dehner, Photography
mornin' all!
made a calculation
thought you’d like to know
just how many days on Earth
I’ve been blessed to grow ~
like a flower like a tree
always seem to thrive
and every morning thusly far
I am still alive ~
missing parts, some new too
I’ve lived a long, long time
thankful body’s still intact
though it be sub-prime ~
sit with me this morning
coffee’s hot and strong
tell me tales of glories
I’ll sing you a sweet song ~
I have so much left to say
so much left to share
just how much I love you
just how much I care

Lovely! Lifting my coffee cup to you.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed it all over again in Nov 2024! Your poem is a delight, so is our affection and our happily continued ageing.
DeleteOnly, since my recent hospitalisation and procedures, I have completely gone off coffee — after drinking it strong and black for decades!!! Google revealed that caffeine is one of the things advised against when one no longer has a functioning gall bladder, so full marks to my body for its instinctive wisdom. I'll now toast you in herbal tea.
I love the direct address and felt as if you were speaking directly to me, so thank you Helen, for sharing the love and a virtual coffee morning! I’m so happy that you have been blessed to grow ‘like a flower like a tree’.
ReplyDeleteLuckily there are quite a few of us that still respect and preserve what we have.
ReplyDeleteYou still write pretty good for an "Oldie', Helen...
ReplyDeleteAwesome work.
Let's be decadent and put big dollops of ice cream in our coffee !
ReplyDeleteFrench Vanilla!
DeleteYes !
DeleteI love it when your poetry sings to me and makes me want to dance! Thank you for the coffee.
ReplyDeleteYes! There is so much left of loveliness in the world that it'd be a crime not to share it.
ReplyDeleteDearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteThat is a fun way of putting it! Let's share a coffee on my 25,526 days today.
Hugs,
Mariette
You ARE like a flower, Helen, with so much more to give. Your poem is evidence of the treat that's in store for those who come to know you. I'm happy to be one!
ReplyDeleteIndeed we thrive, us cyber poets, by the love shared one to another
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday Helen
Much💝love
What a nice joyful start to my day! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a lot of days. If you would start using minute counting, you would be a millionaire, maybe a multimillionaire. I've his OBE myself, a few thousand more than you.
ReplyDelete..
Thank you for caring, sharing, and uplifting my spirits!
ReplyDeleteI always loved the song from rent that says "Five hundred, twenty-five thousand, 600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year" And I think 'wow, that seems like such a long time,' but counted in days not so many, and added all up, hardly anything at all. Still plenty of days and events left to celebrate. And it's always better to count up than count down! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this and it is so true. Might not be in greatest condition these days but do agree I have a lot to say!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMornin' Helen! Love this little ditty - it made me smile this morning and I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet. Some parts missing and some added: yep. And we definitely have a lot of life to live yet :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love, love this! It was wonderful hearing you read this one at OLN today, Helen 😍😍
ReplyDeleteThis was so great to hear you read. Not dittyi at all in my book.
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful, Helen! I love all the sentiments and your effortless rhyme, so touching! <3
ReplyDeleteHelen you lifted the spirits wel and truly with this little ditty - magic...
ReplyDeleteI loved hearing you read this, too.❤️
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for the delay in commenting. I so enjoyed hearing you read this, and it gives me such a feeling of joy. 💙
ReplyDeleteWell nice to know our Poetry Community's little ray of sunshine is still dazzling:) I've switched to tea now but still dunk the biscuits in it. I'm never giving them up:)
ReplyDeleteThis is a sweet song! Wishing you many more,
ReplyDeletePK
Beautifully written. People who do actually sit with you with a cup of coffee surely must get a dose of your optimism along with it. :)
ReplyDeleteA joyous read...what fun it would be to have coffee with you!
ReplyDeleteThis is sooooo uplifting... what a joyful, lovely poem!
ReplyDeleteA joyful, hope-filled poem. I lift my coffee mug to yours!
ReplyDelete