I agree with Bjorn and Ingrid, Helen. Too many boxes and nobody wants to be put in one – which is paradoxical as that’s what people tend to do with everyone else. I love the contrast of red hot jazz and cool friends.
Well I think I'm as eclectic as you. Boxes don't work for that and no one can keep us in them. Cheers to that! (with a sip of smooth Canadian whiskey).
Dearest Helen, No doubt you were your dear Mother's precious girl back then! So cute, bright and hopeful looking into life... No, both of us would not fit in any box! Hugs, Mariette
This was AWESOME! I could almost hear it set to music. Don't box me in! Sadly, too often people try to use labels and boxes to compartmentalize us into people they are comfortable with. Instead of appreciating another's uniqueness.
I think we have way too many boxes for people... (but I have seen that cats like their boxes tight)
ReplyDeleteI don't think anyone could put you in a box! I love how you have expressed your preferences in this out of the box poem :-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the image and LOVE the poem! A self-portrait that is delightful...way to go!
ReplyDeleteSo many different ways, so many different boxes. No one just goes in one. :D
ReplyDeleteExcellent, I love ALL your boxes
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bjorn and Ingrid, Helen. Too many boxes and nobody wants to be put in one – which is paradoxical as that’s what people tend to do with everyone else. I love the contrast of red hot jazz and cool friends.
ReplyDeleteWell I think I'm as eclectic as you. Boxes don't work for that and no one can keep us in them. Cheers to that! (with a sip of smooth Canadian whiskey).
ReplyDeleteWell, now we know how you like things and -- if this piece is any example -- we know that you like your poetry well-written. Cool work, Helen.
ReplyDeleteI learned a lot about you from your unboxed verse, Helen. A satisfying way to be.
ReplyDeleteI suspect there's no box made that would contain the many phases of your delightful self!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyable read and such truth in 44 words. How can anyone fit in one box? Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteWow what a read. Nice one. Too many hats for just one box
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by to read mine
Much💖love
When I saw that cute picture of you it made me smile ear to ear. No box for you for sure!
ReplyDeleteThat's one cute first grader...she was going to break some hearts...bravo.
ReplyDeletelol sounds like a direct response to mine, well done!
ReplyDeleteA fun, cool poem with lots said and unsaid! Loved it!
ReplyDeleteall well put
ReplyDeleteHelen, this is utterly wonderful, from start to finish - and I love all of your preferences... although I'd personally take a woman over a man ;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this!
-David
Boxes are for objects not people.
ReplyDeleteThis was Awesome! you seem like a very cool person and the photo is cute ~Jay
ReplyDeleteDearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteNo doubt you were your dear Mother's precious girl back then!
So cute, bright and hopeful looking into life...
No, both of us would not fit in any box!
Hugs,
Mariette
I love this Helen!
ReplyDeleteThis is great Helen -honest!
ReplyDeleteYes Helen, many boxes present to us a myriad of possibilities to fill the void in our initiatives.
ReplyDeleteHank
Nothing is going to hold that girl back! This made me smile :)
ReplyDeleteHonesty...something we all need, in politics, and life.
ReplyDeleteThe free-rolling rhythm of this quadrille is so cool and captivating, even as it demands those who would label and box to back off! Strong persona.;>)
ReplyDeleteThis was AWESOME! I could almost hear it set to music. Don't box me in! Sadly, too often people try to use labels and boxes to compartmentalize us into people they are comfortable with. Instead of appreciating another's uniqueness.
ReplyDelete