Redmond, Oregon ~ Antique Barn ~ Helen Dehner Photographer
Ingredients: Unbleached Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Contains 2% or Less of Each of the Following: Calcium Carbonate, Soybean Oil, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Dough Conditioners (Contains One or More of the Following: Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate, Monoglycerides, Mono- and Diglycerides, Distilled Monoglycerides, Calcium Peroxide, Calcium Iodate, DATEM, Ethoxylated Mono- and, Diglycerides, Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid), Vinegar, Monocalcium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Modified Corn Starch, Sucrose, Sugar, Soy Lecithin, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Soy Flour, Ammonium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Propionate (to Retard Spoilage).
Pardonnez-moi ... is this for real?
sandwiches ready ... mid-day meal ..
i've read this list of yummy stuff
and it's a bunch of empty fluff !
bread's been 'round for many years
long enough to allay fears
listen well and heed my words
crumble quickly ... food for birds
Yet some sandwiches just call for white bread! A pb&j for instance.
ReplyDeleteWhite bread isn't even fit for birds! Especially ducks!
Very cute poem. Which is the point, not my lesson on duck feeding! I guess some people won't eat anything but white bread. I buy Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds, a mouthful of a name.
Dave and his Killer Bread is our go-to!!!
DeleteI'm not sure it's good for birds!
ReplyDeleteIt's not .... I added a disclaimer! LOL
DeleteNice one.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.
Much💛love
Birds are often smarter than humans. They will probably run away from it faster than the rest of us.
ReplyDelete...not sure its good for any living thing - but it is SO good. Haven't had it in years - my Mom would not buy it. I live on multi grain thin-sliced Daves bread... it is good but... a little wonder bread would be great - but I don't. That with Velveeta - grilled with lots of butter. (Velveeta isn't real cheese, I think - or at least greatly processed. Then follow it up with a hostess Twinkie. LOL
ReplyDeleteDearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteNever had it and didn't even know about it. Saw the 1921, my Dad's birth year...
We are happy to get our bread from a German baker in Marietta, fresh and sliced yummy Spelt Harvest Bread and fast delivery via FedEx. Their list of ingredients is not loaded with such questionable ingredients.
Hugs,
Mariette
My kids learned to prefer the fancier bread through their grandma's influence - thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteWow, don't think we ever had that in Australia. My Dutch-born second husband told me how, in the Second World War the Allies dropped white bread (which they considered a treat) to the starving Dutch – who were incredibly disappointed at getting rubbish instead of good wholegrain loaves.
ReplyDeleteI lived in Britain during WW2. British people have long liked white bread but during WW2 it was baked with other odds and ends and was a light grey colour! White bread didn't return until wars end. However Britains bread was always quite different from continental Europe.
DeleteBit rough on the birds!
ReplyDeleteenjoyed the rhymes.
ReplyDeleteThis brand is not sold over here. and look at the list of ingredients!
I wouldn't even want to fee it to the birds! I do wonder how they got away with the name wonder.
ReplyDeleteI remember Wonder Bread commercials on TV. along with Pepsedent Toothpaste as well.
ReplyDeleteLove this creative poetic take on the grim realities of how we are being commercially poisoned for a buck. But darn, I have a loaf of it in my bread drawer!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visit to my third post of the year...grrrrrrr...If you have any wise words for loading pics onto the Blogger template, pleaser let me know.
Happy Mid April, Helen!
Don't worry about that stuff. Unless you eat a loaf of bread a day.
ReplyDeleteBut I smile.
..
How about fish? I see it fed to fish, but of course fish won't rhyme. :) Love your poem, fun and cheery.
ReplyDelete