Dearest Helen, We don't know the Benjamin Button story as both of us seldom watch any movies or plays... But sure, life is all about walking on; missed opportunities or not. We had many forced upon us missed opportunities. Like mailing the wedding invitation via snail mail instead of air mail. That was beyond our action but we sure missed that wedding and some more. Hugs, Mariette
Happy hour isn't a hold up for me, I don't even know where there is one. But I am not looking either. Nice situation though. Thank you for peeking in on me, Mrs. Jim was all worked up because she couldn't find the one picture she had of her brother that she never met. Things I could say may have helped but I don't think settled her very much. ..
Excellent advice, Helen!
ReplyDeleteWe must capture the moment... carpe diem
ReplyDeleteA good thought-provoker Helen: freedom or happy hour? Which to choose? Which?
ReplyDeleteHow about a freedom-filled happy hour? LOL
DeleteLove the brevity and the message here....the repetition of "walk on by, just walk on by" makes this so conversational with the reader.
ReplyDeleteStellar advice, Helen!!😍
ReplyDeleteA difficult choice, but "walk on by" keeps coming through loud and clear here. Must be all those driveway wine nights!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes happy hour is better than some people's definitions of freedom, so yes, I will "walk on by".
ReplyDeleteI really like the image you chose, my kind of art.
ReplyDeleteYour poem is a gem of a proverb.
Smile. My sister and i do enjoy our happy hour.
ReplyDeleteMy happy hour is now even happier. Thank you, Helen.
ReplyDeleteGood stuff. I love this Helen.
ReplyDeletewalk on by ~ just walk on by
ReplyDeleteLove that authoritative assertion of one's right, Helen! Though the new normal has put a damper to it in many ways!
Hank
Some missed events can indeed stem from free-will. We were just too busy at happy hour! 😊💯
ReplyDeleteI hear you!
ReplyDeleteSome missed opportunities can allow you to live a little longer.
ReplyDeleteWell done Helen!
YOLO - you only live once. thank you for this, Helen!
ReplyDeleteDearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteWe don't know the Benjamin Button story as both of us seldom watch any movies or plays...
But sure, life is all about walking on; missed opportunities or not. We had many forced upon us missed opportunities. Like mailing the wedding invitation via snail mail instead of air mail. That was beyond our action but we sure missed that wedding and some more.
Hugs,
Mariette
Ah a woman after my own heart! I couldn’t agree more ☺️ Cheers!
ReplyDeleteHah--great advice. Don't let /any/thing get in the way of happy hour!
ReplyDeleteI'm in! This is a no-brainer choice.
ReplyDeleteTrue and musical, a necessary reminder we can dance to.
ReplyDeleteNice one Helen.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog today
Much💚love
I missed this one somehow. I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha Love it Get your priorities right
ReplyDeleteI'm walking away from your poem going, "If only, if only..."
ReplyDeleteI think we all need to relax with others at the end of a working week.
ReplyDeleteI think I like all the variety of all the hours. My happy hour is teatime.
ReplyDeleteThere's always another day, or another hour. :)
ReplyDeleteI dunno, I think I'd take freedom.
ReplyDeleteAh, happy hour. That's my favorite - freedom to do what I like, and nowadays it's just dreaming.
ReplyDeleteHappy hour isn't a hold up for me, I don't even know where there is one. But I am not looking either. Nice situation though.
ReplyDeleteThank you for peeking in on me, Mrs. Jim was all worked up because she couldn't find the one picture she had of her brother that she never met. Things I could say may have helped but I don't think settled her very much.
..