Saturday, August 21, 2021

American Sentence + One

 


Cocksure enthusiasm meshed with poor judgement leads to a dark place.



half-baked /
 half-assed

half-bagged / half-there

attemptin' to focus / lovin' on you

from a seriously cock-eyed / point of view 






 

22 comments:

  1. Oh you are making me choke on my iced tea, Helen! Too funny, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your dribbled wine into the glass. You made me nod with the first sentence and laugh loudly at the 2nd part. I'm liking the poems coming from this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Rosé Wine did the job really, really, 'up right'. If I was the cat I would have made myself more comfortable by laying down if I was finished drinking.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool write Helen. Been there once or twice… 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Helen,
    Had a little problem with the use of language here but get the message clearly!
    Poor kitty...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahaha...really enjoyed this one, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark places indeed.In vino maybe not so much veritas but danger !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done with the pic, Helen, the humor and just a dash of reality thrown in to make it salty and stick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant fun my friend!! I love both and your image creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bwahahaha! I love everything about this, Helen--the wordplay, the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You put on your smart hat for this one, Helen. I loved the American sentence, and had a grand chuckle with the second. Good stuff, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL
    Nice one Helen.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect! Both hit right on target & the second feels like a half-remembered chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I know the feeling! (Karin)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the giggles this poem brings. I'm right there with that tipsy kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. told you it's not milk, kitty, but you seem to enjoy it. at least before your head hits the table. :)
    enjoyed both verses, especially the American Sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nicely done. To my chagrin, I have had far too many nights when I have been far surer of myself than the evidence suggested I should be... with dire consequences...

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes indeed! loved this helen, made me smile

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.