Saturday, August 28, 2021

Dance With Me

Dance With Me by "Orleans" 
One of my favorite songs in the 70s!




heart beats

in double time

an arrhythmia of sorts

eyes averted / they remain silent

movement / their narrative

 

step after step

in perfect synchrony

music lifts them

past the setting sun

 beyond the rising moon  

 







18 comments:

  1. Awww/ You put me to such shame! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Helen,
    Did not know this group... But it is good music and your poem is perfect.
    Know fully the meaning of 'step after step in perfect synchrony'.
    My late first husband and I were like that. His one year older brother was too but he got killed by a postal car while he was riding on the bikers lane with his moped...
    One time we will dance again; one cannot continuously have it ALL. Got already so much.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Orleans back in the 70s! They naturally played this song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love where the image took you Helen! A dance, so lovely, and now that I think about it, I see that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Helen. Such wonderful moments to be found in the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tender moments make the heart go pity pat, helps us to remember and savor.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's about the music and the dance follows...

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is beauty in every emotion. You nailed it Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv how time progresses with dance of your words.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today Helen

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "arrhythmia of sorts"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely poem. It captures well the rhythm of that beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the dance love...there is none like it. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember that song, and you performed it well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If anything can lift us, music can! You say it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is what we all hope for I suppose, for our hearts to beat as one with another... A perfect harmony/symmetry

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this song! One I always stop to listen to when I hear it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.