Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Giant Mess




Mr. Hanks: It's high time you knew
your voice is capable of lulling one into
an hypnotic stupor ..

sonorous, friendly .. like the
neighbor next door .. Forrest Gump in the flesh
folksy, trustworthy, sincere
knock, knock, knocking .. I let you in.

Mr. Hanks: It's high time you knew;
yesterday as I listened to you read
in dulcet tones [ever so intently]
eggs were boiling on my stove

eggs that eventually exploded
pan on floor .. egg-smatter everywhere
[ with such force our stove's enamel now sports a divot ]

Mr. Hanks: I could wax poetic till the end of time
your voice is amazing .. your talent legendary
humour, pathos, fear, anger, downtrodden, heartbroken;
you do them as few others can

but .. please, please, please Tom
lay off the audio book thing ~~
hypnotism carries with it the
risk of a messy ending!





10 comments:

  1. This is beautifully, beautifully done, Helen 💝💝 I quite admire Tom Hanks myself! Especially love; "yesterday as I listened to you read
    in dulcet tones [ever so intently] eggs were boiling on my stove/eggs that eventually exploded pan on floor." smiles. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Helen,
    Haha, eggs that eventually exploded, pan on floor...
    That is a powerful statement about being side tracked by a person's voice!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, so much for the stupor! You've clearly entertained us all and done it quite eloquently, Miss Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! He does have a marvelous voice and I certainly know what it is to be lost in something. I am very happy to now have an electric kettle! Take care and thanks for the laugh!!!! k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, I love this one Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tribute. Fun and kudos rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, eggs exploding can be wuite scary. I have experienced it. That said,I love Mr. Hanks too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen,
    Oh this made me laugh! I'm with you about Tom Hanks. If ever a modern actor deserves a panegyric, he does. His range is just amazing. I recently saw his latest movie "Greyhound" and it blew me away. Amazing performance. He just gets better with age.
    pax,
    dora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun, and I truly love the way you can be absorbed in audio books, to the extent that it works well falling asleep to a good reading... eggs exploding though...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.