when the night is nearly over
while our bed is warm with sweat
still your touch is on my body
still the taste of you is set
you make me crazy // over take me
crazy when you won't let go
so hot!! in the morning
crazy! oh don't you know
when the dawn begins to color
all the edges of the sky
still your presence lingers with me
like a melody of times gone by
you make me crazy / / over take me
crazy I cannot let go
so hot!! in the morning
crazy! oh don't you know
when you brush against my shoulder
heat comes rising through my skin
every breath we take grows bolder
pulls us where we've always been
you make me crazy // overtake me
crazy when you won't let go
so hot!! in the morning
crazy! oh don't you know
when you whisper in that low voice
up against my waiting ear
i can't think of any good choice
but to pull your sexy body near
you make me crazy // overtake me
crazy when you won't let go
so hot!! in the morning
crazy! oh don't you know
crazy! oh don't you know ....
crazy! oh don't you know ....
crazy! oh don't you know.

Helen, I remember Peggy Lee singing that and I love the beatnik avant-garde video you made to go along with your poem. Your man is on fire for you :)
ReplyDeleteGreat delivery! The rhythm is perfect.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing and I love everything about this.❤️✨
ReplyDeleteOh mama, you just have those creative juices oozing out of ya! Love you!
ReplyDeleteA great song! I love your cute photo and reading!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love it! 🔥(Chu On This)
ReplyDeleteI love Peggy Lee and I love how you channeled her in this poem, Helen.
ReplyDeleteI love the original and I salute this pastiche - very clever...
ReplyDeleteI, ah, think I made a mistake with my comment...trying again, anyway I love this. I don't know how you do all these but I'm sure there's no end in sight!!
ReplyDeleteLove this one Helen!
ReplyDeleteDearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteSang that several years ago with our group and loved it!
Glad I've NOT been running a fever lately... praying hard.
Yep, I'm still alive, though lost several pounds again due to antibiotics.
Big hugs from your 98 lb blogger friend!
Mariette
I love Peggy Lee! No one can do that song like she can. Love the wording in this!
ReplyDelete