It's Tuesday in the Pub ~ time for Poetics ~ Melissa tells us so.
I chose a line from Kurt Cobain's "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" as inspiration for my poem.
turn around look at me
see the curve of my lips
the sparkle in my eyes
i have enough happiness
for the two of us
in the pines, in the pines
where the sun don't ever shine

Dearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteWhere the sun doesn't ever shine... that would be tough for me to be!
Hugs,
Mariette
This tugged at my heart. How often we wish that we could help our loved ones when they are in pain, feeling lost. If the light in our eyes could be multiplied into them. I love the softness of your inclusion of the line in your ending.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely thought if we could have enough happiness within our hearts for two people.
ReplyDeleteThat first stanza really tugs at my heart...so often we reach out, but are left empty-handed. I hope they do turn around and take in the offered gift.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be nice if we could get those in despair to "turn around" and look at those whose love and joy could light their way "where the sun don't ever shine"? Loved every line, Helen.
ReplyDelete"happiness" in the pleasant the unpleasant, the best kind of partner.
ReplyDelete..
It truly is my favorite place on earth. Pine forest bliss.
ReplyDeleteEven were the sun don's shine there is always light with someone beside you.
ReplyDeleteLovely, Helen.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think she is pining away.......
ReplyDeleteIt might take more than "happiness" to get me to come into a dismal place like this. I know that I need sunshine and don't like to be in the woods.
ReplyDelete..
Beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteWell, this is as up-beat as one can be with Nirvana in mind. And I love your pines, the pines....pining away.
ReplyDeleteLovely, Helen!
ReplyDeleteI imagine you being happy enough for two, the antidote for many relational ills. I love how this calls out as hope to despair.
ReplyDelete