Monday, March 4, 2024

Nightfall

 Monday in dVerse Poets Pub ~  time for a Quadrille! Punam has given us the word 'slumber' to use in our poems! ZZzzzzzzz




in the darkness of night

slumber will not come

this hour, these moments

belong to us 


Debussy is playing

when the nocturne ends

I wonder, will we ever end


in the darkness of night

slumber will not come

this hour, these moments

ours   




26 comments:

  1. These moments are intimately ours - no slumbering now. Thanks for joining in Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ambiguity of your poem, Helen. It could be someone who cannot sleep because they are sad or in trouble, or it could be passionate lovers unable to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one should make the most of these hours, slumbering can wait! Love this, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully wistful write, Helen. Debussy sets the tone and the repetition works its magic in the "darkness." A lovely quadrille.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs slumber in Debussy moments😊

    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Kim. I also like that this could be lovers who will not be sleeping or someone awake with their memories. Beautiful, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Helen,
    No need to slumber when enjoying Debussy's nocturne!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Helen. So many reasonsn for not slumbering... I should have thought of Debussy for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, Helen. Some nights are like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Helen ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the subtle change in the repetition which for me went from a general sense of not sleeping to a shared sense. I love the feel of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful, Helen. The repetition reminds me of the thoughts that repeat in our heads when we attempt to rest. 👏💕

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've created a wonderful intimacy Helen. The repetition reinforces the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the repetition making those the words that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the gentle way the night eludes to romance....the wishing and wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You capture that cycle of slumber well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fragility of love - and appreciation of it - are what I take from this lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  18. DeBussy is an excellent solace for when the muse of sleep refuses to visit ~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Helen. You choose to wait, I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. For me, your repetition of the phrase "in the darkness of night" enhances the sense of intimacy and connection!

    Sincerely,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. For years, I would go to sleep to the sound of classical music... Debussy, Grieg, or RImsky-Korsakov.

    ReplyDelete
  22. At our house we go to sleep watching "Murder she wrote" reruns.
    When I haven't reached sleep within fifteen minutes I get up, work a puzzle or read on a book. Maybe make a cup of hot chocolate using the Keurig machine for hot water. I have to be careful or I go to sleep doing one of those two busy items. Nice thoughts, Helen. I don't listen to Debussy type music.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great poem! I have struggles with insomnia, and this felt quite relatable.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.