Thursday, October 16, 2025

She'll Be Back!!!

 Laura hosts Meeting the Bar today in the dVerse Poets Pub ~ our challenge is to compose a Quatern. which is a French Verse Form.



want to be a hologram

projecting light .. no flesh no bone

a shimmered ghost with time to spare

who shares advice .. a point of view 


Chats at breakfast, to launch her day

a simple back and forth she seeks

                                  I want to be a hologram

I am present .. thoughtful and wise  


She asks "Mama, what should I do"

I hum and tilt .. share my best

I want to be a hologram

immortal .. pixel-perfect me


But then perhaps she'll pull the plug

"enough advice .. you never stop"

and poof .. her life is calm again

I want to be a hologram




8 comments:

  1. No matter how much good advice is given, kids will (and need to) find their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, Helen. Perhaps that is what we will be in the next life!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to be a hologram. I wouldn’t have to worry about train journeys, crowded underground stations and trains, the cold weather… the list goes on! It’s very tempting, Helen, especially:
    ‘projecting light .. no flesh no bone
    a shimmered ghost with time to spare’
    and chats at breakfast. I could even help my grandson with homework and listen to him reading. But there is always the possibility of a power cut or someone pulling the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen the Hologram - what a great take on eternity

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hologram Helen! So much would be lost in translation no matter how pixel perfect - a hologram could simply no capture the sparkle...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha... that reminds me of what Abba has done, being able to perform looking young again... I think it would dissapoint though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are all becoming holograms Hellen… ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.