Thursday, November 6, 2025

Rock On!

 Open Link Night in the Pub ~ Bjorn is hosting ~ Anything goes!!



Swore I had closed the window quite tight

unlatched ~ wide open this very night

messages flying ~ as most rumors do

wildlife has formed a long concert queue ...


First guest through window is Freddie the Moth

dressed all in velvet, looking quite goth

brought his first cousin, Claudine the cute Flea

along with her band called “The Reverie” ...


A text from Raccoon: "got too many suits

wearing black jacket and black biker boots" ...

Squirrel arrived ~ bushy-tailed ~ and with sass

skidded in sideways while flat on his ass ...


Foxy's grand entrance ~ suavely aplomb

get yourselves ready, 'cause I am the bomb”

plugging her mike into a phone

free-stylin' Lynyrd's rare jangly tone …


Chaos sure bloomed, a rocker's delight

Woodstock-like vibe throughout the long night ...

by dawn they were gone, crowd had dispersed

window's frame fine, I'd expected the worst …


Found a short note lying next to the sill ...

Next week, same time ~ do we still fit the bill?”

window space now forever kept clear

Guest List quite full for rest of the year!






18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful playful scene... so different from the sweet wildlife of Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such fun reading your poem, Helen, and I loved imagining the raccoon in black leather jacket and black biker boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Imagine having The Animals as your house band!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Glad I don't have to worry about catering! A fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so enjoyed this fun poem with all these characters Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheery start to my day! Delightful in every way. (Oh look, I did a rhyming couplet.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha - oh this was original and clever. Loved all the images of the animals that rocked the night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was delightful, Helen. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I ever go clubbing again, I'll head to your window for a foxy rendition of "Free Bird"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like my kind of event - what great company!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one made me smile, Helen. You could call it Psychedelic Dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, Helen! I was smiling from ear to ear while reading this! From the moment we learned of Freddie the Moth, I knew it was going to be good. The squirrel's entrance is my favourite! ๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen, you do know how to throw a party. Such a fun time had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun, Helen! Save me tickets for the next one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’d love to see all these friends at my window!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.