this is the home library
of a good and great friend
his library speaks volumes
[ pardon the pun ]
those who love him
label him 'a hoarder'
[ in the most gentle of tones ]
the beauty of his quasi Dewey Decimal system ~
he knows exactly where to find what he seeks
even though it may rest
in a stack on the floor or on dining room table
this historic home was built in 1902
quite close to the 1904 World's Fair site
rumour has it dignitaries from Europe
rented the home for
weeks at a time during the Fair ~
if they could see it now!

Awesome story behind the photos!! Makes me think of a show we recently watched on PBS called Bookish, about a bookstore owner. If one hoards books they aren't a hoarder. They are a collector. If more people read books we have fewer assholes.
ReplyDeleteBookish was a great show! I hope there's another season
Delete"If more people read books we have fewer assholes."
DeleteI might give this line to my students as a debate topic! Haha!
I am delighted to realise I am not a hoarder but a collector!
DeleteThat is a fine collection of books - beautifully expressed into new words here! Jae
ReplyDeleteThere's no way my wife would let me get away with this lovely collection of books in our house. She's already bothered by the three well organised bookshelves that we do have. Not because she doesn't read though. Last week we were in a shop that sold books. I was browsing and she pulled me away saying 'You can buy more when you've read everything you already have.' Five minutes later she was buying an expensive new pair of shoes to go along with the hundreds of pairs she already has.....Haha!
ReplyDeleteA woman after my own heart ~~ SHOES.
DeleteIt is beyond hoarding....scary. KEEP OUT !
ReplyDeleteI relate. I used to have an entire wall of books - they have been such an obsession of mine all my life. Had to downsize most of them in successive moves, but still have a lot, plus weekly infusions from the library. Smiles.
ReplyDeleteLook! Heaven!!!
ReplyDeleteDuring several moves of downsizing, I had to donate many books, that of course, I think about now.
ReplyDelete