Thursday, May 14, 2026

Just For Fun!

  Bjorn has us concentrating on lists today in the dVerse Poets Pub ~~ I felt like being contrary.



Lists bore me to tears

it's freedom I seek

the great out of doors

{ like fording a creek }



I've a list of twelve chores

wouldn't you know

can't find where I put it

{ I'll go with the flow }


At my advanced age

it really won't matter

creating those  lists

{ like thoughts, they will scatter }


Join me now friends

just crumple that list

let's meet at town's square

{ you get my gist }


We're going to have fun

those projects can wait

there's always tomorrow

{ now don't you be late! }









21 comments:

  1. Bravo, nice one Helen
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis should be at the top of everyone's list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic!! I agree lets crumple them up and meet at the town's square. I like being outdoors but fording streams like I did everyday out on the Continental Divide Trail isn't as much fun when you almost get swept away....great anti list poem, loved it!πŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice Helen to able to immediately decide It's great to be able to be taking a stand and not be confined to a closed space! Wonderful write, love it!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea. I keep losing my lists, anyway. See you there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I’m with you Helen πŸ™ŒπŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  7. Procrastinate.... it what we always do... isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always tomorrow--yes! (I'm both a constant list-maker and a constant list ignorer!) 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like making lists but forget to add items in it and half the time forget to look it up! but as you said - there's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are being contrary, Helen --- and fun! A whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving "Meet Helen at Town square" to top of to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful outlook and love your anti-list opinion! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great (counter) spin on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You remind me that I used to have to-do lists but no longer do. I've not thought about why before. Perhaps, it's that the things are need to do are few enough to remember or not that urgent that they can't wait until another day.

    Nicely written Helen πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, let's seize the day! Now where did I put my gloves, wakefulness, courage, socks, Advil, Rolling Stones button, Depends, youth ... Dammit ... My butt's gonna sieze that La-Z-Boy instead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always down for a fun time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is delightfully constructed, my dear Helen! I still make to do lists πŸ₯° I can't do without them. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I always enjoy when I can skip a list and have fun. hehe 😁

    ReplyDelete
  19. My list lies crumpled in the waste bin, I am at the town square waiting for you, Helen!
    What an absolute delight of a list, Helen! Love it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always, your poems always put a smile on my face! The effortless jaunty rhyme, the simple and brilliant life advice, just love it! πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.