Time for Poetics in the dVerse Poets Pub ~ May in India is a month when there are art exhibits ~ many of them. Punam provided us with several lovely art pieces as inspiration for our poems.
the distance of mind from reality
is white space framing
every thought every action
crossing borders best left uncrossed
as if caution tape were woven
through the bloodstream
as if memory itself
required permits
i stand at the checkpoint
holding a passport made of weather
yesterday stamped with invisible ink
tomorrow refusing my photograph

Great piece Helen - Your use of liminal imagery creates a sense of profound ‘stuckness.’ I feel the exhaustion of trying to prove you exist when you don't even feel ‘all there.’π
ReplyDeleteI love what you did with this Helen. I love this stanza...
ReplyDeleteas if caution tape were woven
through the bloodstream
as if memory itself
required permits
ππππ
ReplyDeleteIt's like those medieval maps where unknown regions were inscribed with "here be dragons" -- infernal chaotic white space. Final stanza really rocks. Is it my age or the age where dragons lurk at the deep ends of so many creepy thoughts?
ReplyDeleteThis was a phenomenal take on the that picture. I like how you blur the lines between seperation of time and hint at the infinity of THIS moment! Well done!!!
ReplyDeleteI really love what you did here.... the only voids we have nowadays are the ones within our minds
ReplyDeleteHa! This is great. The distance of mind from reality
ReplyDeleteis white space... Safe travels!
Helen, this amazing! I just love what you have done here and that last stanza...chef's kiss! ❤️
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunning piece, Helen. I love how the last stanza brought your message home. πΉ
ReplyDeleteWow! Both your penultimate and final stanzas got me, Helen. <3
ReplyDelete"a passport made of weather" π A rich, spare and powerful write Helen π
ReplyDeleteVery good. Bravo! ππΎππΎ
ReplyDelete