Tuesday, June 16, 2026

Poof ~ Gone

Time to dance the Quadrille with the folks enjoying the evening in the dVerse Poets Pub ~ De is hosting ~ the magic word is "myth"


 you seek a mortal form

yet find fresh air

sweet fleeting myth that lingers everywhere


i walk as whispers thru ancient trees

a phantom traced in starlight 

and in a breeze i never lived

yet somehow i remain

your perfumed dream

dissolving in the rain






8 comments:

  1. What our imaginations can conjure! Lovely, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this pairing is fresh as a delightful breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, what a beautiful cadence this holds, Helen. Lulling, like a song. Just beautiful.

    De

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is absolutely breathtaking. I am also curious about the painting that makes a perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow
    Delightful. Whimscal
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem, Helen, and I loved the rhyming!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how this gentle, presence drifts through air and rain, leaving a quiet ache behind. Great write Helen 👏

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.