Thursday, September 3, 2026

It's a Descort!!

Grace is hosting Meeting the Bar in dVerse Poets Pub today .. our challenge .. compose a Descort ~ a medieval French lyric genre where every line and stanza intentionally breaks uniformity, varying widely in length, meter, and rhyme.

 Alone With My Thoughts



i love dancing by 
myself

apples on our tree 
            changing color!

would you stay with me ~~ forever ??

it's way way way too cold here today   ❄❄❄❄❄
[ furnace on ]

stayin' alive, sort of
..... slowly i hope

~~ just tell me ~~ where is
 
Barry Gibb when i need him ?!




10 comments:

  1. Nice one, you nailed this prompt

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stayin' alive with Barry! I like the apples changing color, Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun play with color, font, and spacing. Nice, surprise ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see the varying font size, colours and everything else being different as expected of the prompt! Very thoughtful response Helen!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a return visit. Couldn’t leave a comment before 😢 The site didn’t let me. Helen, Aww, well I think there’s no doubt of how different each line is here. I love it. I don’t have those fonts. Is it really cold for you already? Golly. Too soon. No wonder you’re looking for The Bee Gees. Love this Helen. Thanks. Xo, Selma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun - and such fabulous colours too! I think Barry Gibb would have sung this one out loud, whilst swinging his hips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the whimsy of this! A hop, skip, jump of a poem 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has a wonderful rhythm to it. Even with all the really different lines it has a central thought and I love that fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.