Dearest Helen, The girl with cigaret looks to be rather deeply depressed and way down... We always ought to rise each day anew with a smile and embracing LIFE with a positive outlook. Hugs, Mariette
This song is almost like a spell--some magic of change in its rhythm. May it be so...may our teeth all unclench soon. There's a certain tension in being surrounded by lightning rods praying for thunder...loved it, Helen.
Excellent writing - Your first line hits the reader with a "pow" to which I can relate. We live in perilous times and I certainly want to leave the year "2020" behind. It was to be the year of visions and I can say with certainly it has been an eye-opener.
Oooh! Oooh! Great language! "windows wear shades thin as the lives they frame / while lightning rods pray for thunder" is terrific, so is "step clockwise into tomorrow" - that is very cool!
"windows wear shades thin" says a mouthful, as do the lightening rods not getting a chance to perform. Yes, for their sake and all similar it is time to move on. ..
Strong piece Helen. Clockwise to the future. Well written. I am listening to Laura’s “Angle In The Dark”as I write this. Damn she was good. Left us way too soon!
I'm thoroughly impressed by this one, Helen. You have such a gift!
ReplyDeleteThis is very cool, Helen. So glad Laura's lyrics inspired you!
ReplyDeleteI love this Helen! The images you have given us in poetry form are amazing! You always inspire me!
ReplyDeleteI love this Helen. Inspired/inspiring.
ReplyDeleteDearest Helen,
ReplyDeleteThe girl with cigaret looks to be rather deeply depressed and way down...
We always ought to rise each day anew with a smile and embracing LIFE with a positive outlook.
Hugs,
Mariette
Love this one! Fantastic imagery and rhythm.
ReplyDeletetime has come
ReplyDeleteto step clockwise into tomorrow
Great optimism Helen. One has to take it by the horns and fly away. Agreed, no more fooling around!
Hank
Wow! Way to Use Your Words, Helen. Stellar.
ReplyDeleteThis song is almost like a spell--some magic of change in its rhythm. May it be so...may our teeth all unclench soon. There's a certain tension in being surrounded by lightning rods praying for thunder...loved it, Helen.
ReplyDelete"to step clockwise into tomorrow"
ReplyDeleteSuch an apt image in this December of the pandemic
Happy Sunday. Thanks for dropping by to read mine
Much💜love
Excellent writing - Your first line hits the reader with a "pow" to which I can relate. We live in perilous times and I certainly want to leave the year "2020" behind. It was to be the year of visions and I can say with certainly it has been an eye-opener.
ReplyDeleteWishing you health and peace....
Oooh! Oooh! Great language! "windows wear shades thin as the lives they frame /
ReplyDeletewhile lightning rods pray for thunder" is terrific, so is "step clockwise into tomorrow" - that is very cool!
I love this! It has become my favorite poem amongst the wonderful ones you've written. You caught me with the title!
ReplyDelete"windows wear shades thin" says a mouthful, as do the lightening rods not getting a chance to perform. Yes, for their sake and all similar it is time to move on.
ReplyDelete..
Very cool poem Helen!
ReplyDeleteStrong piece Helen. Clockwise to the future. Well written. I am listening to Laura’s “Angle In The Dark”as I write this. Damn she was good. Left us way too soon!
ReplyDelete