Monday, May 30, 2022

Browsing


Linda asks us to use the word "Browse" or a derivative in our Quadrilles






 

Memorial Day

the perfect time to drag out

that heavy 'old photos' box

thousands of them

a day made for solitude, for browsing

memories, moments, the very best ones

~ sometimes a mood takes over ~

can too much of a good thing ruin it?

 Never.






18 comments:

  1. I love how photos can take us right back to the moment as if it were yesterday. Beautiful Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked a good'n for today, Helen. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking that stroll back through time unleashes so many emotions — some unexpected, but all wonderful in their way. Really like this Helen! 👍🏼✌🏼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great poem, Helen. Old photos are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to get out the photo boxes now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those memories stashed away - it's good to give them an airing. And when better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So poignant...and so important to collect those memories...your poem reads two ways....too much of a good thing, never! Triumphant! And too much of a good thing...a sudden thought....both nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. can too much of a good thing ruin it? - sigh... and yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Helen,
    Sure, photos are all attached to emotions of real people with a warm heart and blood in their veins.
    It taught us all so much about where we came from and what we are.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Memorial day is a great day for browsing through old photos and memories. 💯

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never indeed, Helen. You are blessed to have so many beautiful memories... I'm happy for you.

    Much love,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen this is hedgewitch. I'm having trouble commenting under my normal ID for some reason, but I love this look at what we hang on to in life, and how a physical thing like a photograph can mean so much much more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really enjoyed browsing through the old photos, Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never tire of looking at old photos, especially when they spark a lost memory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do think there can be too much photos... you should have seen what my mother had.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's an emotionally-charged activity, isn't it? I have to be in the right mood for it, otherwise it can be too much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Something about old photos that evoke more powerful emotions than the easy phone snap shots we all take today~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.