Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Hard Fall

Lillian has us 'falling' in the  dVerse Poets Pub ~ Come join us!



it's not the kind of fall

that scraped and bloodied

my knees

broke bones or muddled

my brain

'twas falling out of step

the misalignment

and abandonment

of what I believed were

my core values 

free falling from grace

the hardest fall of all




10 comments:

  1. Dearest Helen,
    Free falling from grace is indeed the hardest fall of all...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two lines tore at my heart, Helen. A piercing write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those falls when we were young, with bloodied knees, scraped hands and free flowing tears, most always comforted by an adult so the "hurt" would go away or be covered up with a colorful band-aid . . . nothing like the hurts or falls from grace we may experience as adults. A searing write here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Freefalling from grace..." What a fantastic line that is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you see as a free fall from grace might just be you evolving into someone you need time to accept ❤️ much love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a hard fall, but it is also the best one to rise from

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo this made me think Helen! I reckon though that we can free fall 'into Grace' and that therein lies our salvation for our own mistakes and disappointments in life. Just like the old hymn 'Amazing Grace.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a hard fall indeed. I felt this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some falls are necessary, I think. Sometimes, what we thought was the core of us proves to be so much more complicated. When we are lucky, the scars aren't too bad... after we heal from the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredibly powerful writing, Helen! And perfect for transition from October to November when the days are darker! 💖💖

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.