Monday, June 2, 2025

Missing

Lillian is hosting Quadrille Monday ~ the word we must use in our 44 word poems is "SUNRISE"! 



I ask the sky

how do i greet sunrise 

when your presence has gone silent

how do i lift this face

smile, carry joy in my heart

knowing what it has lost

**** 

still the sun climbs

i slowly, bravely

rise with it

for you






18 comments:

  1. It's so hard to rise with the sunrise when we grieve. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful words.

    Arcadia Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, this is simply exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully stated and the reader can feel the loss. I love the bit of strength and bravery that makes you rise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your writing style,
    Helen!!
    Your poem made me cry!! In the end,
    hope and optimism, yes it is so hard to feel half-hearted.
    Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sunrise quadrille full of grief, Helen, and beautifully written. I felt the pain in the joint effort to rise in the final lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have to thank the sun for helping us to rise,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is so poignant, Helen--and one of your best that I've read. So beautifully written and heartfelt. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like the affirmation at the end.....I think this is one of the most difficult things about profound grief. One looks and sees the rest of the world happening and cannot understand - it seems everything has stopped but looking, it is all there, still happening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked this, it reflected how I often feel

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so moving, and beautiful. Beauty is such a conundrum when we are grieving.........and yet it brings comfort too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a heartfelt quadrille, Helen! Beautiful!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bravery in your q, Helen! Just lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you'd write a great play or two, to be honest — if you haven't already...those opening lines need to be spoken on stage, addressed out to the spotlights and audience...and yet, your closing lines feel like you're addressing the reader personally.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So moving, so brave and so beautiful , Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For me this is a soul soaking poem, evocative, you name it and beautifully so Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen, "still the sun climbs / i slowly, bravely / rise with it" seems to capture such quiet strength. I feel the tenderness and ache woven into these final lines.

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.