I've been sitting here for more than several minutes. Possibly hours. Time moves differently when one is starving. My bowl is empty. I've verified this repeatedly. My human walked through the kitchen a moment ago. She glanced out at me, nodded politely, continued on her way. Humans are very poor observers. I tried moving close to the bowl. I tried staring at it with unwavering intensity. I looked back and forth between the bowl and my human in what I believe was a clear demonstration of the problem. Nothing. It all belies our existence. We wait and are still denied what matters most. In this case, the pressing matter is tuna! I'm moving to the center of the hallway, she must step over me. This has proven effective in the past. If that fails, I may have to begin knocking things off the counter.

I love this playful point of view- I suspect it may well be true as well as a story we can share - Jae
ReplyDeleteHelen, you've perfectly inhabited the mind of a cat. They try to make it seem accidental and nonchalant but. I lol'ed at this. Good to see you!
ReplyDeleteSeems quite cat worthy to me. Lol You integrated the line into your prose very well. I like this piece.
ReplyDeleteHehe what a creative interpretation of the line.
ReplyDeleteVery creative thought text Ellen.
ReplyDeleteThey could be real thoughts of a cat!
I really like it, as well as the photo!
I love the way you took on the cat’s persona, Helen – I’m going to read your Prosery piece to Luna, who is a very discerning cat. And I would never ignore her, especially when she sits beside her bowl!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha love it. Cats have a way of making it known what they want and being miffed if they don't. Seems your pussy cat is very miffed, he has taken to writing a story. I'd get on to getting him some Tuna quickly!!
ReplyDeleteI love this--of course! You really captured what a cat might be thinking. And you slipped the line in so deftly I didn't even notice it at first. 😂
ReplyDeleteI got right into this mind of a cat. I am sure it is spot on! Funny and true!
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate :-)
ReplyDeleteLuv what you did with the prompt. Happy you dropped by my blog
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Helen, you managed to get into the cat's head brilliantly. I love ❤️ this.
ReplyDeleteI love this one written by your feline. Perfecto. Lovely write it Helen. Xo Selma
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh Helen, a gorgeous and real telling of a cat's take.
ReplyDelete