Friday, May 15, 2026

For Friday Writings #227

 Rommy supplied poets with several memorable lines from The Princess Bride, encouraging us to choose one as inspiration for our poems. [we also had the option of choosing  another line from the movie]  I chose Westley saying to Buttercup "hear this now: I will always come for you"  






** As You Wish **


Even if delayed by dragons, rain


or a goose with territorial issues ..


I shall arrive dramatically windblown


Hear this now: I will always come for you.




11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Friday afternoon smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this You painted quite a picture. Had to laugh about a goose with territorial issues

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do love our heroes, especially the windblown dashing type, although "I will always come for you" can be comforting or alarming, depending on circumstances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an uplifting verse - and love the ending - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take Helen! You are taking 'determination' to a whole new level, higher level in fact!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The kind of brave, romantic love we all want – and want to give. (Personally, I think I would choose to arrive riding one of the dragons. *Wink.*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the message
    and I love is when determination is driven by commitment, dedication and not so much by obsession...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha!...great poem...here's looking at you kid:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, geese don't play around so this indeed must be true love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved your take... cracked up about the goose... what goose doesn't have issues such territory... my mom use to chase our goose with a broom.... now she had issues.... the movie was a beautiful love story after all

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me with that goose. I could see it in front of me.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.