Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Puff Puff

Time for a 44-Word Quadrille ~ Lisa is hosting, the magic word is "PUFF"





slow press
with heavy sigh
velvet puffs
fill hollow sky

shells resist
yet take in more
standing in rows
slick, swollen, undone
shameful dozen
shimmering in the sun

one final dusting
like a lover's breath
before sweet bite that
puts them all to death





13 comments:

  1. I love how you turned this open in your last line! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me craving a cream puff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen such a heavenly food poem. I can see them there, shimmering in the sun! I'll take one please and a cup of hot tea to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you have now aroused my appetite too, and have evoked that lovely sensation when one first bites into that lightness ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic when fresh and perfectly made, but sadly, often disappointing when mass produced and stuck on the shelves of 7-11s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful cream puff delight, Helen...poetic pastry perfection! My Dad needed your recipe (see my quadrille). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm craving cream puffs! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you turn something so sweet into something deadly!! :>) Well done Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, I love how you make these soft, sweet puffs seem full of life before one bite brings them to a dark end.

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A noir starring a cream puff. Only you, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely poem! It’s true the bite brings an end to the life of those delicate velvet puffs — but what about the feeling of the biter? Perhaps that’s another poem waiting to be written.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum yum!!! I'm so hungry. You do justice to these delicate puffs.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each of you and the comments you leave ~~ thanks so much.